Amii aims to bridge research and industry
Steph Enders of the Alberta Machine Intelligence Institute (Amii) joins Karen Unland to discuss collaborations with TELUS and other partners to harness the power of AI. They also discuss how ChatGPT has ignited an important conversation around ethics.
Here are the relevant links for this episode:
- Steph Enders
- Alberta Machine Intelligence Institute (Amii)
- Amii's five-year collaboration with TELUS
- ISL Adapt uses ML to make water treatment cleaner and greener
- TELUS started in Edmonton
- Blindman Brewing: Sustainable AI-powered Craft Beer
- Media Release: Attabotics Partners with AltaML and Amii to Bolster Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning Capabilities for Supply Chains
- Microsoft and Amii bring AI expertise to Albertans in underrepresented communities and workers impacted by COVID-19
- Roche Canada Launches National Artificial Intelligence Centre of Excellence
- Using AI in aviation training could help ease pilot shortage
- New Harvest and Amii to explore AI's uses in lab-grown food
- Starting a New Institute of Cellular Agriculture
- Ten Years in Cell Ag Leadership & Two Takeaways
- AI tools like ChatGPT and Lensa are spreading like wildfire online, fuelling ethics debates
- Alona Fyshe discusses ChatGPT and schools on CTV Your Morning
- New Governance Course From Amii And CIOSC Charts Path Toward Responsible AI In Business
- Canada's AI Vision: Q&A with the Executive Director of the Pan-Canadian AI Strategy
- AI Meetup on Feb. 21, 2023, on healthcare projects
- Flying Fish throws a line into Edmonton's waters
- Upper Bound is running May 23-26, 2023
- More Amii events
Many thanks to our title sponsor, Edmonton Unlimited, for support of this episode. You'll hear more about Capital City Pilots from Abbie Stein-MacLean in conversation with Taproot co-founder Mack Male.
Bloom is produced by Taproot Edmonton, a source of curiosity-driven original stories, curated newsletters on various topics, and locally focused podcasts, all in the service of informing Edmontonians about what is going on in their community.
Sign up to get The Pulse, our weekday news briefing. It's free!
Editing by Castria; theme music by Dave Von Bieker; cover art by Vikki Wiercinski.★ Support this podcast ★
Creators and Guests
Co-founder of Taproot Publishing
Passionate about the arts, AI/ML, and poutine. Working with the incredible team @AmiiThinks.
Sign up for updates on Taproot Edmonton.© Taproot Publishing Inc.