Tiffany Linke-Boyko, the recently hired principal in charge of the Canadian operations for Flying Fish Partners, explains what kind of investment opportunities she's looking for on behalf of the Seattle-based venture capital firm. Plus, Faaiza Ramji and Karen Unland take a look at some other action on the investment front involving Sprout.vc and Areto Labs.
Here are the relevant links for this episode:
- Tiffany Linke-Boyko
- Flying Fish Partners
- Flying Fish Partners appoints Tiffany Linke-Boyko as principal for Canada, secures $7.5 Million from AEC
- Inventures 2022 was one of the places Tiffany was out making connections — we talked about Inventures in Episode 17
- Linke-Boyko's brother, Cam Linke, is CEO of the Alberta Machine Intelligence Institute (Amii)
- She ran Startup Edmonton and was president of We Know Training
- The51 recently launched an Edmonton chapter
- Linke-Boyko will be at Startup TNT's Investment Summit V on June 23
- Connect with her on LinkedIn
- Linke-Boyko invited Taproot to Launch Party 7, which was our coming-out party as a startup in 2016
More investment news
- Sprout.vc announced the first three investments from its Fund II
- Areto Labs raised $1 million in a round led by Accelerate Fund III
- Bonus content: An interesting LinkedIn post from Randy Thompson on the angel investor ecosystem
Many thanks to our title sponsor, Innovate Edmonton, as well as to Alberta Blue Cross for support of this episode.
Bloom is produced by Taproot Edmonton, a source of curiosity-driven original stories, curated newsletters on various topics, and locally focused podcasts, all in the service of informing Edmontonians about what is going on in their community.
Sign up to get The Pulse, our weekday news briefing. It's free!
★ Support this podcast ★