Taproot reporters Shayne Giles and Ashley Lavallee-Koenig join Karen Unland to recap what they heard at Upper Bound, Edmonton's annual AI week, and share their thoughts on how artificial intelligence is changing their world.
Here are the relevant links for this episode:
- Alberta Machine Intelligence Institute (Amii)
- Upper Bound ran from May 23 to 26, 2023
- What we saw and heard at Upper Bound
- University of Alberta instructor Matt Taylor's talk on Duckietown
- Panel on cellular agriculture
- New Harvest
- New Harvest and Amii to explore AI's uses in lab-grown food
- Session on how Routeique uses machine learning
- Alberta AI pioneer plans new research institute in Edmonton
- Richard Sutton's keynote
- More Upper Bound session recordings
Bloom is produced by Taproot Edmonton, a source of curiosity-driven original stories, curated newsletters on various topics, and locally focused podcasts, all in the service of informing Edmontonians about what is going on in their community.
Sign up to get The Pulse, our weekday news briefing. It's free!★ Support this podcast ★