G2V Optics goes where the light takes it
Ryan Tucker, CEO of G2V Optics, talks about his company's unexpected opportunities in aerospace, and how researchers and satellite-builders have turned out to be a better market for the company's "engineered sunlight" than indoor farmers, at least for now. Plus Karen Unland and Faaiza Ramji discuss recent moves in Edmonton's innovation ecosystem.
Here are the relevant links for this episode:
- G2V Optics
- Ryan Tucker
- G2V Optics soars on aerospace opportunities
- Gartner Hype Cycle
- Our episode with Wild + Pine: How to grow a climate change solution
- From May 2021: G2V Optics raises $2.6M in growth capital
More innovation ecosystem news
- Work Nicer to take over Startup Edmonton space in Mercer Warehouse
- Edmonton Regional Innovation Network (ERIN) annual report
- Taproot's 2019 story about ERIN: Edmonton denied $4.2M in tech innovation funding
- Edmonton Regional Innovation Network receives $4.9M to support local entrepreneurship
Many thanks to our title sponsor, Innovate Edmonton, as well as to Alberta Blue Cross for support of this episode.
Bloom is produced by Taproot Edmonton, a source of curiosity-driven original stories, curated newsletters on various topics, and locally focused podcasts, all in the service of informing Edmontonians about what is going on in their community.
Sign up to get The Pulse, our weekday news briefing. It's free!
Editing by Castria and Scott Lilwall; theme music by Dave Von Bieker; cover art by Vikki Wiercinski.
Sign up for updates on Taproot Edmonton.© Taproot Publishing Inc.