John P. Davis and Christopher Cassin of Zero Point Cryogenics discuss the business they're building around dilution refrigerators, a key component in the development of quantum computing. And guest co-host Mack Male helps Karen Unland dive into some innovation ecosystem news.
Here are the relevant links for this episode:
- Zero Point Cryogenics
- John P. Davis
- Christopher Cassin
- Zero Point Cryogenics closes deal involving National Research Council
- Zero Point's pitch at Investment Summit V
- More on quantum tech in Alberta
- More on Canada's quantum strategy
- Skepticism about quantum computing
- Optimism about quantum computing
- Elise Usunier, Zero Point's director of sales and marketing
More ecosystem news
- Startup TNT creates shared space for investors downtown
- Lineup for Top 20 Pitch Night
- Oct. 6: Top 20 Pitch Night
- Nov. 17: Investment Summit VI Finale
- Edmonton Unlimited, the new identity for Innovate Edmonton
- Edmonton Startup Week
Many thanks to our title sponsor, Edmonton Unlimited, as well as to Alberta Blue Cross for support of this episode.
Bloom is produced by Taproot Edmonton, a source of curiosity-driven original stories, curated newsletters on various topics, and locally focused podcasts, all in the service of informing Edmontonians about what is going on in their community.
Sign up to get The Pulse, our weekday news briefing. It's free!★ Support this podcast ★