How to grow a climate change solutionDownload MP3
Chris Kallal, founder and CEO of Wild + Pine, speaks to Faaiza Ramji about how his company has evolved and what it's going to take to plant the trees we need to remove carbon dioxide from the atmosphere and mitigate the effects of climate change. Plus, we discuss Covering Climate Now and a new source of funding in Alberta for innovation in agri-food and bioindustry.
Here are the relevant links for this episode:
- Wild + Pine
- Chris Kallal
- Prime Minister Justin Trudeau visited Wild + Pine's greenhouse in April 2022
- StoneWoods Forest Carbon Project
- Amazon Climate Pledge
- B Corp Certification
- Wild + Pine's B Corp certification and score
- Canada's 2 Billion Trees Commitment
- Edmonton's two million tree goal
- Bioprism Advanced Vertical Greenhouse
- G2V Optics, which we wrote about — stay tuned for more on a future Bloom!
More climate news
- Covering Climate Now
- Follow #CCNow for more coverage
- Taproot's CCNow coverage, including our story on food waste
- Anew food upcycling
- Agri-Food and Bioindustrial Innovation Program
Many thanks to our title sponsor, Innovate Edmonton, as well as to Alberta Blue Cross for support of this episode.
Bloom is produced by Taproot Edmonton, a source of curiosity-driven original stories, curated newsletters on various topics, and locally focused podcasts, all in the service of informing Edmontonians about what is going on in their community.
Sign up to get The Pulse, our weekday news briefing. It's free!
Editing by Castria; theme music by Dave Von Bieker; cover art by Vikki Wiercinski.★ Support this podcast ★
Creators and Guests
Co-founder of Taproot Publishing