How to grow a climate change solution
Chris Kallal, founder and CEO of Wild + Pine, speaks to Faaiza Ramji about how his company has evolved and what it's going to take to plant the trees we need to remove carbon dioxide from the atmosphere and mitigate the effects of climate change. Plus, we discuss Covering Climate Now and a new source of funding in Alberta for innovation in agri-food and bioindustry.
- Wild + Pine
- Chris Kallal
- Prime Minister Justin Trudeau visited Wild + Pine's greenhouse in April 2022
- StoneWoods Forest Carbon Project
- Amazon Climate Pledge
- B Corp Certification
- Wild + Pine's B Corp certification and score
- Canada's 2 Billion Trees Commitment
- Edmonton's two million tree goal
- Bioprism Advanced Vertical Greenhouse
- G2V Optics, which we wrote about — stay tuned for more on a future Bloom!
- Covering Climate Now
- Follow #CCNow for more coverage
- Taproot's CCNow coverage, including our story on food waste
- Anew food upcycling
- Agri-Food and Bioindustrial Innovation Program
Sign up for updates on Taproot Edmonton.© Taproot Publishing Inc.