Shawn Kanungo goes boldly into the book business
Head into the holiday season with Faaiza Ramji's conversation with Shawn Kanungo, author of The Bold Ones. You'll also hear some other business book recommendations and catch up on a couple of innovation-oriented stories.
Here are the relevant links for this episode:
- Shawn Kanungo
- The Bold Ones: Innovate and Disrupt to Become Truly Indispensable
- The Bold Ones trailer
- Shawn Kanungo on TikTok
- Shawn Kanungo on LinkedIn
- Strategist slows down to make a splash with The Bold Ones
- Do what Shawn says: Subscribe to Taproot Edmonton (He was fond of our election coverage)
Books we mentioned
- Ride of a Lifetime: Lessons Learned from 15 Years as CEO of the Walt Disney Company by Bob Iger
- Shoe Dog: A Memoir by the Creator of Nike by Phil Knight
- Let My People Go Surfing: The Education of a Reluctant Businessman by Yvon Chouinard of Patagonia
- Building a StoryBrand: Clarify Your Message So Customers Will Listen by Donald Miller
- The Lean Startup: How Today's Entrepreneurs Use Continuous Innovation to Create Radically Successful Businesses by Eric Ries
- The collected works of Seth Godin
- Steal Like an Artist by Austin Kleon
- Thinking Fast and Slow by Daniel Kahneman
- Blue Ocean Strategy: How to Create Uncontested Market Space and Make the Competition Irrelevant by W. Chan Kim and Renee Mauborgne
- New Harvest and Amii to explore AI's uses in lab-grown food
- Swift Charge aims to make electric vehicle charging more widespread
- Speaking Municipally
Many thanks to our title sponsor, Edmonton Unlimited, as well as to Alberta Blue Cross for support of this episode.
Bloom is produced by Taproot Edmonton, a source of curiosity-driven original stories, curated newsletters on various topics, and locally focused podcasts, all in the service of informing Edmontonians about what is going on in their community.
Sign up to get The Pulse, our weekday news briefing. It's free!★ Support this podcast ★
Sign up for updates on Taproot Edmonton.© Taproot Publishing Inc.