AltaML leader says ethical AI is good business
Nicole Janssen, co-founder and co-CEO of AltaML, tells Karen Unland about the business case for responsible AI and how non-technical team members can contribute. Guest host Katrina Ingram of Ethically Aligned AI adds her perspective and looks ahead.
Here are the relevant links for this episode:
- Nicole Janssen
- She's on the board of Mitacs, which connects the private sector to post-secondary institutions to solve organizational challenges
- AltaML placed 18th on Canada's Top Growing Companies list from the Report on Business
- AltaML ranks 71st on Deloitte Technology Fast 500
- Ethics In Operation: The Business Case For Responsible AI
- Talent Accelerators
- Tech leaders seek easing of rules around 'software engineer' designation
More on ethical AI
- Katrina Ingram
- Ethically Aligned AI
- Micro-credential in AI ethics from Athabasca University's PowerED
- Alberta Machine Intelligence Institute (Amii)
- Upper Bound, formerly AI Week, returns May 23-26, 2023
- Katrina is giving the keynote at AI Pathways Showcase at NorQuest College on Nov. 30, 2022
- Supply Chain AI West Demo Day is online and at Amii on Dec. 7, 2022.
Many thanks to our title sponsor, Edmonton Unlimited, as well as to Alberta Blue Cross for support of this episode.
Bloom is produced by Taproot Edmonton, a source of curiosity-driven original stories, curated newsletters on various topics, and locally focused podcasts, all in the service of informing Edmontonians about what is going on in their community.
Sign up to get The Pulse, our weekday news briefing. It's free!★ Support this podcast ★
Sign up for updates on Taproot Edmonton.© Taproot Publishing Inc.