We learn about Autism CanTech!, an award-winning program that helps young people with autism find meaningful employment. Plus we look at Technology Alberta, an organization that is developing tools to support the same mission.
Here are the relevant links for this episode:
- Autism CanTech!
- Jenna Gauthier
- ASTech Awards
- Youth Employment and Skills Strategy
- NorQuest College
- Higher Ed XR Innovation Grant
- Jenna was a panellist at the Unity for Humanity Summit on Nov. 2
- Expression of interest form for Autism CanTech! learners
- Host an Autism CanTech! work placement
- ATB Financial testimonial
- Iron Mountain testimonial
- Alberta Social Economy Ecosystem Development (AB Seed)
More on employing workers with autism
- Technology North
- Ling Huang won a special citation for societal impact at the EY Entrepreneur of the Year Awards as well as an Alberta Newcomer Recognition Award
- Ling Huang's interview on Radio Active
- Ling Huang's tribute to his son Brian
- Cohort 2 of the TELUS Community Safety and Wellness Accelerator
- Applications are open for Alberta Accelerator by 500 and the Community Safety and Wellness Accelerator
Many thanks to our title sponsor, Edmonton Unlimited, as well as to Alberta Blue Cross for support of this episode.
Bloom is produced by Taproot Edmonton, a source of curiosity-driven original stories, curated newsletters on various topics, and locally focused podcasts, all in the service of informing Edmontonians about what is going on in their community.
Sign up to get The Pulse, our weekday news briefing. It's free!★ Support this podcast ★