Hard-won lessons, new ideas, and a busy fall
Faaiza Ramji and Karen Unland catch up on some innovation-related news as we leave summer behind and launch into the unofficial new year that September brings. And they look ahead to some events to watch for in the coming months.
Here are the relevant links for this episode:
- Sam Pillar's Fast Company piece: 4 lessons I learned the hard way as a first-time founder
- Sheldon Zhang's post: My first blog: leaving Yardly, my next startup, and a new side project!
- How 4 Edmonton startups are trying to revitalize and reimagine space downtown
- The Quad's interview with Riya Ganguly, associate vice-president of enterprise: A new direction for innovation at the U of A
- Threshold Impact Venture Mentoring Service
- Sept. 13: AWE Awards Celebration
- Oct. 18: Public Roadshow Edmonton
- Oct. 20: Launch Party 13
- Nov. 17: Startup TNT Investment Summit VI
- Sign up for the Tech Roundup
Many thanks to our title sponsor, Innovate Edmonton, as well as to Alberta Blue Cross for support of this episode.
Bloom is produced by Taproot Edmonton, a source of curiosity-driven original stories, curated newsletters on various topics, and locally focused podcasts, all in the service of informing Edmontonians about what is going on in their community.
Sign up to get The Pulse, our weekday news briefing. It's free!★ Support this podcast ★
Sign up for updates on Taproot Edmonton.© Taproot Publishing Inc.