Sending robots where humans fear to tread
Karen Unland and Faaiza Ramji take a look at industrial innovation, starting with an interview with award-winning entrepreneur Nicolas Olmedo of Copperstone Technologies, which offers "robots as a service" to help companies monitor hazardous sites. Plus, some other innovators in the industrial realm who will be making a pitch for investment in June.
Here are the relevant links for this episode:
- Copperstone Technologies and its HELIX robots
- Co-founders Nicolas Olmedo, Stephen Dwyer, and Jamie Yuen
- Olmedo received a Mitacs Award for Entrepreneur of the Year
- Engineering professor Mike Lipsett
- Copperstone CEO Craig Milne
- WomenHack - Edmonton Employer Event is on June 29
- Startup TNT's Investment Summit V finale is on June 23
- Quantum City announcement
Many thanks to our title sponsor, Innovate Edmonton, as well as to Alberta Blue Cross for support of this episode.
Bloom is produced by Taproot Edmonton, a source of curiosity-driven original stories, curated newsletters on various topics, and locally focused podcasts, all in the service of informing Edmontonians about what is going on in their community.
Sign up to get The Pulse, our weekday news briefing. It's free!★ Support this podcast ★
Sign up for updates on Taproot Edmonton.© Taproot Publishing Inc.