AlignVR helps employers get real by going virtual
Alex Rossol talks to Faaiza Ramji about how his virtual-reality escape room gave birth to a business that equips companies to make better hiring decisions. Plus Karen Unland previews a neurotechnology hackathon exploring the possibilities of brain-computer interfaces.
Here are the relevant links for this episode:
- Alex Rossol
- Co-founder and brother Nathaniel Rossol
- Other sibling founders: the Prochazkas at GoodMorning.com and the Barbers at Poppy Barley
- Oculus Rift
- AlignVR open house on July 14, 2022, from 2pm to 5 pm
- vrCAVE was part of Launch Party 7 (as was Taproot!)
More fun with brains and technology
- Neuroscience hackathon offers chance to solve real-life problems
- natHACKS 2022 happens July 29 to Aug. 1 — apply by July 15
Many thanks to our title sponsor, Innovate Edmonton, as well as to Alberta Blue Cross for support of this episode.
Bloom is produced by Taproot Edmonton, a source of curiosity-driven original stories, curated newsletters on various topics, and locally focused podcasts, all in the service of informing Edmontonians about what is going on in their community.
Sign up to get The Pulse, our weekday news briefing. It's free!
Editing by Castria and Scott Lilwall; theme music by Dave Von Bieker; cover art by Vikki Wiercinski.★ Support this podcast ★
Creators and Guests
Co-founder of Taproot Publishing
Sign up for updates on Taproot Edmonton.© Taproot Publishing Inc.